Cats are domestic animals and the main characters of the Felidae series.
Cats are small carnivorous creatures that were domesticated by humans. They have been present alongside humans in society for centuries, all the way back to the days of ancient egypt. Currently, they are one of the most popular pets in the world, rivaling even the Dog.
Cats are mostly solitary creatures, but have the ability to be social. A group of cats is called a colony and a colony is usually ruled by one or several female cats. Colonies form around food sources, where cats frequent a similar vicinity.
With humans, Cats are able to experience a sort of neoteny. In wild cats, only kittens meow and only at their mothers. Owned cats continue to meow well into adulthood as their "mother" -- their human -- hasn't abandoned them to fend for themselves. Cats don't meow at other cats.
- Francis, the protagonist of many a series.
- Claudandus, a natural mutant cat and the killer of over 400 cats, he is the first antagonist in the series.
- Nhozemphtekh, a Felidae, the "new and old" breed. She has a fling with Francis and is never seen again.
- Francis Junior is the son of Francis and an unnamed female cat.
- Isaiah is a cat who claims to be the "Guardian of the Dead"
- Joker was the high priest of the Claudandus Sect.